Pages

November 24, 2008

Dreams, and Coffeeshops


Prayer Card I will be printing out soon. . .
Prayer Card

So Im sitting in the most beautiful local coffeeshop around. Granted its about 45 minutes away and usually packed, it reminds me of Australia, on streets of Fremantle. Its furnished in beaten and bruised antique wood everywhere, and some is probably authentic from when this was a shop of sorts in the early part of the century. Ornate tin ceiling, and muraled faux finished walls. Feels like it should be a library. But on top of all that there are bright and ever changing contemporary art pieces all over the walls. Oh and not-to-be-forgotten goddy brass light fixtures and chandeliers everywhere - Tea pots have found their way onto everyone of them. Look at the site you'll see what I mean. But its all great, original personality and all.

Its called Michelles

http://www.michellescafe.com/

Michelles, like many coffee shops, seems to have a life of its own. Vibrant, joyfully living and breathing, the lungs of the local community. On my day off this is my thing to do. I go to a coffeeshop and write down my dreams, my thoughts and visions for the future. Matt had to beg me to go today. . . cause I really struggle with spending money on myself; even if its a couple bucks and some gas for the sake of driving to a date with God. But thats really how I try to look at it. At home I look around and stress at all the personal-productive things I could be doing instead of taking some time to read, reflect, meditate on the word- - and dare I say it relax, resting in that still small voice.

I SHARE ABOUT THE CAFE THING BECAUSE. . . . A very long term growing vision of mine is to someday collaborate with a Cafe. Ive rattled this off to quite a few people, but humor me if youve heard it already- besides you may have missed something. Eventually I would love to work with a coffeeshop somewhere and have a community Arts Studio in it. Teach Art, hold classes, workshops, seminars and such. Of which would probably be held in a side or back room somewhere. The Art could be sold in the cafe for community projects or fundraisers. To buy paint for a mural on the sadder side of town, wells in Africa, or even scholarships for people of the community that couldnt afford the classes, workshops, seminars etc. Also, show, and sell fair trade art from around the world. There is so much more but please ask. . I love to share a brain-vision-storming party.

Ive wondered and prayed, since I first started dreaming about it all, what part would I play. I don't have a collage or business degree. Step by step God has showed me parts of myself I never new were there. First direct word to step out in- -"Make yourself available" right after I finished the Art Evangelists School. I was asked (right after that it seemed) to be the official Elementary Art Teacher for CLA. I one; didn't even remotely think that I could teach -let alone be good at it. Now that-that season there is over I miss it so so much, and have been told that Im am rather good at it naturally. - Yes-way! - But also I was asked to design a restaurant, officially be the executive design consultant. Um yeah,... can I just say I have first hand resources now and ideas I would have never- had I not been a participant. Can we say Photoshop? yay!

Rather cool huh?





No comments:

Post a Comment