Pages

March 26, 2011

Producing a magazine equals hard work


One of the most time intensive prints that we as the Media Department produce.
I spent the last six months, and an over-night dedicated shift to get it finished, printed, and passed out before all of our students/volunteers left. 
Last week, because various vitals of our computer systems, I had the privilege of trying to catch up on several weeks worth of work before Tuesday night. Because of more complications slowing up the process.. I was getting the final approval eight-ish the next morning... no sleep... but not ready to give up. They were sent to the printers..  and because I chose to wait for the proof I slept on the floor of the office until I knew I could be done for the day. SO by Thursday -- lucky me (or not so lucky me) my stomach felt it necessary to accumulate the stress of it all too.. - and I was sick and outta-commission for a whole 'nother 24 hours.


Why all this commitment? Perseverance?


Well to be honest. Every time I see one of these finished.. I ask myself again and am all the more propelled into inspiration to not give up. Each of these teams has a story. Each of them has seen amazing things happen through the training they have received through YWAM Perth. Lets give em more than a yearbook, more than a magazine, more than a few facebook updates to take with them to the next season...
 Above, the photo of the first page of the Doctors Reaching School space. The DRS projects health professionals into an international service career. The aim is to see teams of heathcare workers investing in communities, imparting life-giving skills, establishing new works among the poor and bringing transformation through truth into nations.


A Quote from this Chapter:
 'In Dadeldhura, Nepal, we went hiking up and down two mountains to do a mobile medical clinic in a remote village. We were able to serve 140 patients. It was such a privilege to serve people in such a practical way.'
 -Alyssa

This is the why. We don't just want to leave those stories behind, because behind 
every one of those numbers and memories is the face of someone that was served.

Thank you Beth, Bethany, and Josh for your support, designing those last nights while helping my brain stay awake and organized!Thank you Elli for showing me the ropes, Jordan for the weeks leading up to the final.. and PS. the cover was designed by Bethany H. Photo taken by Ally.. 

More posts about "the Chapter".




Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Jam 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment