Pages

November 13, 2010

Together back in Perth.




I am cruising away in Media, and Matt is the man in the Mission Builders and life is flying by at an alarming rate. I can not believe that the weekend has begun again already! I still am in the midst of finishing the ArtReach Slideshow by the way. Sorry for the delay,  its been quite the character builder trying to get the program to work correctly. Thou- shoat not delete without Thine permission.

PHOTOS ABOVE. Off times, prayer times, date days, and various friends we work with from all around the world. Oh! And did you catch Matts new glasses. Answer to prayer in Mexico- So Cheap and just what he has needed for years!

MEDIA:
As soon as I got off the plane, separate flight pattern than Matt, I was on to lead the work on the Chapter. (below)
Above: Front covers of several Chapters. Below: Several "spreads". Gooooo InDesign!

We have the privilege in Media of capturing the heart of each team and 'school' (group of people trained for lecture phase before they are split into teams for outreach).The Chapter is a magazine inspired yearbook that encompasses everything from the day to day life happenings, personal revelations, inside jokes, and multitudes of miracles are all a part of each 'Quarter'. There are 4 Quarters in a year. Every three months we start one and every three months we finish one .. but the overlap is about 3 months too if that makes sence? Either way--  So yes. I am constantly working on it.
Above: Little acts of compassion... The Compassion Discipleship Training School
MISSION BUILDERS:
Offices and Classrooms... just the basics eh? Pictures taken in a 'work in progress' building. Chipping away at the old tile on the floor. Prepping the warehouse to be turned into the new training facilities and offices. It doesn't look glamorous cause day to day tasks just not glamorous -- but Matt is whole hearted about it as I hear often from him leaders.

ALSO on the happenings our personal radar:

MATT:  Monday through Friday he does enough work hammering away and fixing things around the base enough to cover the time and labor of a full-time job.. but he, being the valiant man that he is also volunteers weekly at a local program called Midnight Basketball. Every Saturday night for the next 8  weeks (3 are left) he is a coach to about 7-9 teens that have had troubled backrounds or homelife situations.

Its a great program that keeps kids off the street that would otherwise get into trouble at that time of the week.














STEPH:
Last weekend: I was asked (as a voluntary gesture) to be the photographer for an Engagement party thrown for Fiona and Eric who are leaders in there own wright here at the base.
It was a good experience once I got into it.




Oh and did I mention I'm part of the Christmas decorating committee? Yes I volunteered for it. Its actually therapeutic for me to serve others in a practical artistic way. How oddly selfish of me considering I have not the fondest memories of Christmas past, but am hoping to put a stake in the ground for the sake of the deeper reasons Matt and I obviously celebrate.



____________________________________

Featured Christian Artist:
If you hadn't guessed it... I am inspired. My fantastic friend South African friend Jeanie and our radical friend Mike have gotten married and have been photographed by these amazingly talented and fun friends of theirs.
This is "We love Pictures" photographers -of CapeTown, South Africa(!!) Travis and Maike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment