Pages

May 21, 2010

Sketchbook and Notes

Staff Meeting: Every Wednesday. A little under 100 people gather to worship, study, and share over all that God is doing throughout the globe through the teams out of YWAM Perth.
USE SOMEBODY -by the band Kings of Leon (non-Christian)
Reminds me of God singing to me .. and most of the lyrics apply. And the scripture Isa 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"




The Amazing sunset on the last night we were in Mirrabooka last month.
It spanned the sky and I couldn't ever capture it with a painting- but I didn't want to
 forget the confromation/memory of it. "I go before you and behind you."-the Jesus



______________________________________________________________

Featured Christian Artist: Narelle Tout ... with a clear heart for cultures and deep conviction for truth in those cultures. She loves to highlight their God given beauty using a variety of mediums. I will be working with her soon, on the streets of Mexico City much like she and her team did in Jakarta (below).




"Jakarta was an amazing experience, working with families and children in three different slums in the north of the city. The kids were so full of life! We drew portraits, talked, listened, wrote and illustrated a book to leave behind for one slum, taught 60 kids how to draw butterflies, counselled, prayed for some, taught Sunday School teachers easy art to help them teach, and others how to draw simple portraits. We challenged a group of youth to dedicate their creative giftings to God, and around 50 did just that! If you want to find out more, feel free to email me on narelleartist@yahoo.com." -from her blog



(why I am committing to feature just "Christian artists" at the bottom of every blog, more information here)

No comments:

Post a Comment