Pages

December 30, 2008

Congrats, Omar and Elizabeth Williams./YWAM ministries


Praise God for friends like family, weddings like dreams, and photography that honors both.


My best friend Elizebeth Hamm, just got married, to Omar Williams Whaa whooo. Yay! Im not a wedding person, (or funeral for that matter) just the formality and structure of an event that represents a lifetime is just hard for me to grasp, and usually makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. This -this- I was excited for. It was like my sister was getting married, and I had the honor of being a bridesmaid. Matt and I didn't get to know Omar as much as we would of liked; but he has set himself up with a web of accountability to be an honorable and upright guy- soothing our consciences. Oh yeah, and did I mention these two met while in YWAM, the same orginazation that Matt and I are looking to get involved with. They are actually still missionaries. I know most of you dont know them but if ya have a minute say a prayer. They will be working in Alaska and doing some really cool stuff.
Photography was done by the fabulous Danette Chappell. To see more of her work please, please-please see her site. http://danettechappellphotography.blogspot.com/ I just love to see humble artists honoring their gifts and working hard to use them to bless others. I continue to enjoy your stuff Dannett, and thanks for coming all the way from Santa Fe to visit your PA family!
.
.
.
_____________________________
YWAM Perth
.
Speaking of amazing Missionaries and the work they get to do on the front line...
Stumbled into this site from a YWAMer at the Perth Base. http://www.lostintraffik.org/
whose mission statement is to. . .
"Raise awareness and educate others on various social injustice issues across the globe through creative means in order to shape an effective and lasting result."
Right now the injustice focus is child trafficking.
QUOTE:
"On our second day we went out to a safe house established for women who had been either rescued or who had actually escaped from brothels in Mumbai, and made their way back to Nepal. Their stories inspired and provoked all of us, but it was their courage that truly humbled us. Their courage and desire to go back to Mumbai one day and serve the women still in the vicious cycle of prostitution. This is grace and passion in it's raw form."
(old poster from earlier this year)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
This is where our passion is, and I believe that we need to do more. Please continue to pray for us (Matt and I) that we would be able to continue to move forward in our goals to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment