Pages

December 8, 2010

Reason for the Season: New life - Quick Post

"This is sweet Abigail. She was born last week in the ANC ward. She had a strong heartbeat but wasn't responding at birth so we rushed her to the Labor ward to do infant resuscitation. She started crying after about 15 minutes. Praise God!" -Lindsay


 Lindsay, the Birth Attendant (midwife) beside her, has been a part of teams serving in villages and understaffed hospitals in India and  Tanzania, Africa. While I was in Mexico she, and another work duty student, were carrying my position in Media, with the Chapter. 
  • Work Duties: They give 2 hours a day voluntarily, and selflessly serving the specified ministries with their talents to keep us running and give us new vision. They do this on top of the 4-6 hours of lecture time they have a day. Matt and I did it when we were in training. I served in Hospitality making birthday ckes for the constant birthdays we have here, and he served in the Kitchen doing dishes of the massive amount of people that come rocking through our Cafeteria. 
I now have the privilege of working on her Chapter. Capturing the heart of what she does on a daily bases. I love my job! I get to hear stories like this and get to be inspired and Publish it all for the world to see. ('The Chapter' is a magazine and a wonderful resource for staff and students to see all the stories of what has happened during their time here in YWAM Perth and in the Nations!-- I have the privilege of putting together)


Life.
Life.
Life!


New Life!!!


Wonderful.


-- Just a quick update this time.. Next time-- more photos of the Christmas season here, and Matt and I. Thanks for tuning in to read our heart.


Thank you all again for all of your support and prayers this Holiday season. Loving and MISSING so many of you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment