Pages

April 5, 2010

Photos: Week 2


 
The TREES of Australia. Beautiful and HUGE!!



  
Matt being the cute guy that he is... #1 is in one of the Airports on the way over, #2 is in the bus riding to our first Thursday night gathering.









 As a base we get to do breakfast all together for holidays, or at least together formally. The only time we get pancakes and napkins... If you've heard us joke before... we see napkins and say "Who's birthday is it?" Only because here at this base one only gets napkins on their birtday.
All and all we had a very good Easter holiday though.. had communion as a base... and I have to say, I am still blown away at the amount that I dont see or really understand the sacrifice that was given on the cross.. Amazing. Worthy of way more than napkins. For some reason I keep on getting U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" stuck in my head... because its the closest song that actually makes me think of how much we take Christs sacrifice for granted... Forget what I have left to do on this planet today before the sun goes down, or who I have left to please (a stumbling block for me by the way.) Or how often I am quick to point out the rise and fall of others without a breath... but Jesus - Jesus man... its like the electric chair in todays cultures.. not pretty. Not pretty at all.
Im not looking to forget the resurrection... but this year I just cant get past the brutal pain, prolonged torcher, and self-less sacrifice.
  

 




























Riding in the base bus's to Thursday night Evangelism.


Every Thursday we go into the city as a whole base and do 'outreach'. Outreach is a time where we as YWAM Perth ask God corperately how he wants us to serve the city. More often than not we share Christ with people with people that we have built relationships with over time.

This week we had a huge gathering. The team called "Island Breeze" danced and shared stories from their life experiences through redeemed Island dancing. Very cool, talented and Spirit led team.




Out of all the 'interesting people" I got to meet  that night - I had the privilege of praying for a man in his early 40's hanging out with his 2 boys one age 7 and one about age 5. Their family is really struggling with some stuff (Im dont feel right sharing on here without his permission)... but please pray for them.



OH! and I almost forgot I updated our pages (above) on this site... please feel free to look around at each of the pages. If you have any thoughts about how we could communicate better please lemme-know.


And AGAIN THANK YOU for your love and encouragment... some days it like our hearts are like sponges..ready to soak up the condemnation or doubt just when its needed in an email, facebook,... whatever.




______________________________________________
Featured Christian Artist: Chuck Anderson.
 Inspiring media oriented art. (and yep the guy that designed the look and feel of Window's 7!!)





For more check out his website: www.nopattern.com


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! You weren't kidding Steph! I think those are the most amazing trees I have ever seen. I might just have to use those photos for reference sometime for painting. . . ahhh! bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! Ok then.
    Those trees are everywhere,.. So I will post some more pictures of them... Thats not even the biggest one I have ever seen.

    I knew you'd like!

    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its nice to see you jumped one of two fences {first photo} in order to get your picture with it. . .

    how . . . american of you :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. No my friend I actually didnt have to jump the fence. The tree was near the end of the front fence. Only about 2 feet high.

    Im not usually a fan of "tourist" shots where some one is posing in front of something... but I wanted to show the scale of the tree. I love how HUGE they are,... so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete