Pages

February 17, 2009

Art Show 41 DAYS LEFT,... testing, testing, one. two.

Im pretty sure of the dates, though its not yet confirmed.
Yes, my first independent Art Show!! I’ve been in a lotta shows before and contests… This is the first one on my own. So far I have been excited and anticipating being uncomfortable, but having fun. Uncomfortable because I’ve never had this much individual attention for just my art before,.. And more than people just showing up, and even liking them - Matt and I are hoping that some pieces sell. For an artist its a simple confirmation that people ‘get the point’, and enjoy how its portrayed, so much so that they want to take a piece home.
The Art: I’ve been praying over and painting this series since last summer. Without getting too far into the details- I wanted to share the social issues of the Indian Ocean area, and break down basic apathy without the shock factor of statistics or heart breaking images of faces ‘in need’.So please. Come. Check it out.

THE BUZZThe buzz beneath almost every one of our conversations at church for the past few months. “Are you guys still going to YWAM?”, “When are you leaving?”, “How long will you be gone?”… “What are you guys doing again?” “How can we pray for you?”
March 31st. We take off in a plane in Pittsburgh and many lay-overs later end up in Perth, Australia. We will be training there for almost 3 months then sent out into the Indian Ocean area. This is it, this is our first step,… after years of prayer and saving money for our travel fees… we are finally on our way.
WE HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED!
Long awaited. NOW-The ball is rolling. Oh- you thought it was easy - just a couple passports, some plane tickets and we’d be off. No-no-no. Now that we have our “acceptance of place forms” we have to sign them and send them back to Perth. So that they can send us each ‘Over Seas Health Insurance’ forms required by the Australian embassy. OSH Insurance comes in handy when extra immunization shots are needed before outreach. Forms we need -also by the way- to legally apply for our visa’s. You know 'visa's' those fun little stamps that you get in your passport when you go too far from home, for too long- not those little pieces of plastic that can drive you into debt. :)
This is like a full time job. haha. This was my day yesterday working on the art show yer, filling out the application for mission support- for our church, writing an article for the church newsletter, and sorting out e-mails between YWAM, US, and The mission Board at our church -- haha but I still had time to take my grandmother to her doctors appointment and refill her monthly supply of yogurt- its all that woman seems to eat.... Meanwhile Matt spent time in Oil City,..working out songs with his new vocalist. Let me just take this moment to brag on him. His music is good-- and we are crossing our fingers that he can have more than 3 songs recorded for his Demo. Just like art-- we want people to enjoy it buy it, it may come off egotistic sounding but its worth the risk.. Passionately pouring out ones heart and anxiously hoping others value the content as well.
"Search me, Oh God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Ps 139:23




OK here are the pictures I promised.

Franklin, Winter 2009










The X-mas card I got from the Perth Base. That is everyone currently working directly in YWAM Perth at the time the picture was taken.. Cool huh?






I tryed to flip this picture but photobucket was putt'n up a fight. Its the inside of the Harbor Perk Cafe'.